The Lakeside Holiday Park is the ideal base for exploring the best of North Yorkshire, which boasts some of the country’s finest attractions and most beautiful countryside.
The Howardian Hills
The Howardian Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, is nestled between the North York Moors National Park, the Yorkshire Wolds and the Vale of York. It is a unique and captivating landscape with its well-wooded rolling countryside, patchwork of arable and pasture fields, scenic villages and historic country houses.
Find out more at www.howardianhills.org.uk
Ryedale is a district of North Yorkshire, nestling between York and the
Heritage Coastline. The North York Moors form the northern border of the
District and the Yorkshire Wolds the southern limit. Ryedale is a
diverse and beautiful area of spectacular scenery, bustling market
towns, dale and hill farms, and picturesque villages.
Find out more at www.visitryedale.co.uk
North York Moors National Park
The North York Moors National Park has a wealth of adventures and activities, taking in moors, coast, forest and dale:
- Dalby Forest contains over eight thousand acres of woodland, including cycle trails and waymarked walks.
- The North Yorkshire Moors Railway will take you on a ride back to the steam engine era.
- Stop by the visitor Centres at Danby and Sutton Bank
Find out more at www.northyorkmoors.org.uk
City of York
The beautiful City of York is steeped in history with an abundance of attractions:
- York Minster is the largest Gothic cathedral in northern Europe.
- The award-winning Jorvik Viking Centre transports you to a Viking settlement.
- The National Railway Museum houses the finest collection of trains in the world.
- York Castle Museum will take you back 400 years in Britain.
- The Yorkshire Museum gives you a chance to see what life was like for the Romans and Vikings who lived in the area.
- Discover the city's chocolate history at York's Chocolate Story
With its vast array of shops, cafés, restaurants and bars, York is also a great place for shopping and eating out.
Find out more at www.visityork.org
The Yorkshire Coast
Forty-five miles of dramatic coastline set against the beautiful North York Moors and Wolds provide the perfect backdrop for a day by the sea, or a visit to the coastal resorts of Whitby and Scarborough, where the fish and chips are second to none. Children and adults alike will love the beaches, the Sea Life Centre and the seafront rides, or enjoy a coastal cruise.
Find out more at www.discoveryorkshirecoast.com