Frequently Asked Questions
You can find the answers to questions you might have about the Holiday Park below:
- How long is the Holiday Park open each year?
12 months (52 weeks)
- Can I visit my holiday home all year round?
- How much is the park fee?
The 2017 park fee is £2,550 (inc VAT)
- When do I pay the park fee?
Before 1st March each year.
- Is the park fee included in the purchase price?
Yes, for the remainder of the season.
- How much are the local rates, levied by the Council?
We expect each holiday home owner will pay approximately £390 (inc VAT).
- What other costs apply?
- Insurance – according to reinstatement value.
- Gas – metered to each holiday home individually.
- Electricity – metered to each holiday home individually.
- The ‘new owner' entry charge of £1,000 plus VAT is included in the initial purchase price when buying a holiday home from Coastline Leisure.
- When purchasing a ‘privately owned’ holiday home from an existing owner, an entry charge of £1,000 plus VAT is in addition to the cost of the caravan.
- Is there adequate security?
Yes, we have a security barrier.
- What warranty is there on the holiday home?
There is a 12-month warranty from the handover date on each new holiday home or a three month warranty on any pre-owned holiday home.
- Can I rent out my holiday home?
No – the Holiday Park is exclusive to our holiday home owners and their immediate family.
- How much does it cost to fish on the lake?
It's free of charge to holiday home owners.
- Do I need a permanent address for post?
Post can be sent to the Holiday Park but you must have a permanent address elsewhere, as the holiday home must be used for holidays only.
- Are dogs allowed in the Holiday Park?
Yes – but they must be kept on a lead or exercised in our designated dog-walking area.
- How many years can I keep my holiday home?
15 years for a holiday home or 30 years for a holiday lodge from the year of manufacture and thereafter year by year at the Park Operators discretion in accordance with the condition of the holiday home.
- Can I sell my holiday home?
Yes – you can sell your holiday home until it is ten years old. Thereafter our sales office will advise you on alternative methods of selling your holiday home.
- Can I visit Castle Howard and use its facilities for free?
Yes – there will be 4 passes provided to all holiday home owners.
If you’d like to find out more, please call us on 01653 648576 or complete our enquiry form.